Monday 13 August 2012

Weekend Indulgence: A simple salad

With so much to do stuck inside typing documents/reading and studying my French textbooks/watching newly acquired seasons of sex and the city ;) and my general laziness confined to the space of my bed, I haven’t done any outside projects. Still I did manage to plant some annuals in my garden bed, as well as some tomatoes, basil, parsley, rosemary and lettuce. The lettuce has taken very well with their spot because I’ve harvested them 3 times since planting them! The crisp tender leaves taste best sprinkled with fleur de sel and a whisper of vinaigrette and olive oil. This evening I added a few cherry tomatoes, a perfect complement to the delicate leaves. There is a special pleasure in eating food straight from the garden, something you have planted, tended and harvested, n’est ce pas?
Listening to: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have you ever seen the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment